Sunday, January 07, 2007

Momma and the Spoon vs. Isabella's Hand

I have been learning all about what foods are healthy for you since I have started eating 'Baby Food'. I have been enjoying new foods for a little over a month. I am mastering the skill of keeping the food in my mouth and not spitting it out (as much), trying to use a spoon.

When I was at Grandma's she really enjoyed feeding me. At Grandma's I was really only eating squash and rice cereal. Grandma taught my Momma a trick about keeping my head still when we don't have my high chair and that is holding my head. When Grandma was not holding my head in place I would try to move as much as I could so she couldn't get the squash in my mouth. Momma was glad to see Daddy put my high chair together when we got home. Now it is really hard to run away from the spoon. The next phase in my learning to eat is the big battle with Momma and the Spoon.

Since I have been home from Grandma's I have been exploring different foods. Some of my favorites are Ms. Emily's sweet potatoes and banana's. While learning about what foods are healthy for you like squash, sweet potatoes, rice, oatmeal and banana's, the battle began.

Momma and the Spoon vs my Hand.
Momma was trying to feed me oatmeal and banana's for breakfast. I am not a big fan of oatmeal, Momma says it taste better with sugar on it but I am not allowed to have sugar just yet. I kept trying to get out of eating the oatmeal but it was not working. The banana's were much better than the oatmeal but Momma insisted I had to eat oatmeal too. Momma didn't realize that I was practicing ways to steal the Spoon away from her. Finally all of my practice paid off. It just took patience in waiting for the right opportunity when Momma wasn't paying as much attention to me as she should have been. That is when I WON the battle! I grabbed it right from her hand. She tried to pry my hand off of the Spoon but I wouldn't let go. I think she was tired of trying to get it from me and just gave up. Thinking that I would let her keep feeding me but she was wrong. I knew once I got my hands on the Spoon I would not have to eat anymore oatmeal. I didn't have to finish my oatmeal but I did have to go take a bath because I had oatmeal all over the place even in my ears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Isabella you are growing so much! Give your mommy and daddy a hug for me ! God Bless Love Aunite Pam