Monday, August 06, 2007

July - what a busy month

It has been along time since I have been able to tell everyone what has been happening in my life over the month of July. The month long celebration started with the 4th of July. My Momma and Daddy took me to see the fireworks at Patriots Point but I decided it was best to go to sleep instead of staying up so late. The loud booms didn't even wake me up.

The next weekend we went to North Carolina to see Pablo (Mr. Paul) and Mrs. Leslie's farm. The farm house was right in the middle of a corn field with some cows. Pablo and my Daddy took me for a ride to get an up close look at the cows and boy were they big. Now my Daddy wants a cow now, so he can talk to Pablo about his cow. I got to pick flowers with Momma when Daddy and Pablo were out exploring the farm country. The weekend was very nice and relaxing since we were in the middle of 'God's Country'.

The next weekend we went to Atlanta to sell our boat, 2 of our puppies and most importantly to see Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Jenna. This weekend I was able to meet my cousin Clarissa for the 1st time. She is going to Georgia Tech in the Fall, hopefully I will get to see more of her when I go to Grandma and Grandpa's. It was the shortest and fastest trip I have ever made to see Grandma and Grandpa. We had to savor every minute of our time.

The week of my birthday was very busy at our house. While we were getting ready for my birthday celebration I took my 1st step. Taking this step must be a big deal because now all Momma and Daddy say now is 'Good Girl' and 'Look atcho walking around'. Momma says this the most I don't really understand what atcho means other than I do that when I sneeze. Daddy says it is because Momma talks funny and runs her words together.
Then for the biggest celebration in July was my 1st birthday. For my birthday celebration I had alot of visitors like: Grandma and Grandpa, Nanny Hanna, Paran Uncle Justin and Aunt Michelle, Aunt Sandra, Aunt Cindy, Aunt Jenna, Kalee Jo and Olivia all came to my birthday party. The most fun that I had was when I got to eat my cake. After my cake I had to go take a bath because I was covered from head to toe in icing from my cake. I am glad I got to have all of that sugar because now Momma hasn't let me have more taste of sugar since my cake. After we had cake I got to open my presents. I really let Momma and Daddy open the presents because I was not really interested until they were out of the boxes so I could play with them. Some of my favorite presents top play with are the caterpillar that I can pull around, my monkeys that jump in the bed, my Winnie the Pooh riding toy that I can rock back and forth, the Zebra that I am supposed to ride but I just dance with him right now because I am too small, my book about Zaccheaus, and my CD's. These are just a few of my toys that I love to play with of course it changes daily.

I am so thankful that everyone took time out of there busy month of July to come to my birthday celebration. I know it is hard to take time to go for a visit to family after this busy month not to mention how tiring traveling can be needless to say I am ready for August.




1 comment:

Eliza, Sophia and Maya said...

We have been waiting to hear from you! We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful first birthday AND that you figured out mobility. It is great for getting in to more things:)

Your present is in the mail. We have been a little preoccupied lately, so it is little late. We hope you like it.

lots of love,
eliza and Sophia