Sunday, September 23, 2007

Folly Beach Fishing Pier

My Momma read in the Charleston Magazine about the history of the Folly Beach Fishing Pier and Folly Beach in general. She also found out it was being shut down this weekend until next Summer for repairs. Since then she has been talking non-stop about going to the Pier. Finally, Daddy and I decided she should get to go just in case we are not in Charleston next Summer. The Pier was great fun since I got to walk the entire way down to the end and back.

On the way back from the end of the pier I had to stop to take a break. So we watched the surfers for awhile. They did not have very many surfers out riding the waves. I remember when I went to California in April and there were surfers everywhere this was nothing like the California surfers.
I should also mention that we walked pass alot of fishermen. There were a couple of young boys who already are learning how to tell fish tales. We stopped to chat with a few of them but I was not interested in hearing about the little fish he caught so I just kept on walking. That is when I realized the surfers were more interesting because I didn't have to be rude and walk off because they didn't even know I was watching them.


No comments: